There are so many stories in my life where God has shown up and held my hand and walked me through or carried me through. There are so many people who don't see God in their daily lives, who struggle to know if He's real and tangible, or who just refuse to admit that He could have anything to do with them. In certain periods in my life, God has been VERY tangible to me. I just think it would be nice to share those to encourage people.
This will be my life, I may change the names to protect the guilty, but I will not change the truth of the story. Some of them are funny, most of them are just life through my eyes and with my Savior. I hope they help someone who needs it.
These will come one at a time, as I have time. Sorry no story today.
I think we should also place our testimonies in the various comment sections because Revelation 12:11 tells us this: "And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death".
ReplyDeleteI agree, add your testimony if you like. I think testimony encourages us as believers by reminding us that just because God isn't doing what we want right now, it doesn't mean He isn't doing something for somebody, or that He hasn't already done amazing things for us. When I have to write my own testimony, I relive the experience, turn it over in my mind, remember the details, what reminded me that God was at work. Encouraging!
ReplyDeleteIn addition to helping us overcome, posting testimonies allows us to do what Paul told the Romans to do: Rejoice with those who rejoice. - Romans 12:15.
ReplyDelete